Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump
The Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump – for mums wanting complete portability and flexibility so they can pump how they like, when they like and where they like!
Click here to compare breast pumps & read a guide to terms.
Finally, the Spectra 9 has been re-released as the upgraded Spectra 9 Plus, which has all the features you loved about the Spectra 9 but with some very important extras to make your life easier. Read it through:
What features does the Spectra 9 Plus have?
- The Spectra 9 Plus comes with a complete double kit so you can double pump - pumping both breasts at once saves so much time, which as a busy mum trying to find time to express, you will really appreciate. Double pumping also ramps up levels of prolactin (the milk producing hormone) in your blood, so is better for supporting milk supply.
- The Spectra 9 Plus has a nozzle for each milk collection kit, making it easy to swap from single to double pumping. Just attach a milk collection kit to both nozzles if you will be double pumping, or if you only want to single pump, you can just close off the second nozzle.
- Letdown mode - switch with a touch to the letdown mode, which is a light, quick mode designed to speed the start of milkflow, just the way a baby does. This will get you expressing faster and help your body get on board with the job of expressing milk.
- Easy adjustment of suction strength and cycle speed together - touch button controls allow you to adjust suction strength and cycle speed with one touch. As you increase the suction, the speed will slow down [see the S2 if you want even more control over cycle program].
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery - yes, we know you love this feature. Use your Spectra 9 Plus while plugged into mains, or just use it wherever you like from its inbuilt rechargeable battery.
- LCD display so you can easily see where you're at with vacuum and cycle settings. There's a battery indicator so you know how much charge you have left on the battery AND there's a timer so you can keep track of how long you've been expressing.
- The Spectra 9 Plus is our most portable pump - lightweight and slimline, it will slip easily into your handbag.
- Closed system - like all Spectra breast pumps, the Spectra 9 Plus has a closed system, which means that there is no way for milk to get into the pump motor. Milk particles in the pump motor can lead to the growth of mould and is a potential source of virus transmission.
- As always with Spectra breast pumps, the Spectra 9 Plus has high performance vacuum with maximum suction of 300mmHg.
- Slow-flow teats are suitable for newborn feeding.
What are the negatives?
- Doesn't provide as much flexibility over the pump program as the S2 (but still more than other pumps).
- Is noisier than the S2 and Dew models (but not as noisy as other pumps - we do try our best to keep the noise down! Please check out youtube for some pump comparisons so you can get a feel for how much quieter Spectra pumps are than other brands!).
- If you are exclusively pumping or needing to rely on a pump to establish supply, we do always recommend you use a hospital grade breast pump - i.e. the S2 or S1.
- This pump will not give you the same results as a Hospital Grade Pump, and if you have been using a Hospital Grade Pump, you may not respond the same or as well with the S9
If you have an Spectra 9 Plus don't forget to give us your feedback!
- Spectra 9 Plus main pump
- Wide neck breast shield (24mm size) x 2
- Bottle x 2
- Slow flow soft teat x 2
- Tubing x 2
- Disc x 2
- Cap x 2
- Backflow protector x 2
- Duck valve x 2
- Power adaptor
All components in contact with your milk are BPA free.
- Vacuum range 0 ~ 300 mmHg
- Cycle length 30-46 RPM
- Weight - 297g
- Two Years Warranty
- Powered by mains or inbuilt rechargeable battery
- Motor life 1,500 hours
- Country of origin: South Korea
- Certification CE, FDA, ISO13485, ISO9001
|Cycle speed||Adjusts with suction|
|Power||Rechargeable battery or mains|
|Double kit||Yes, comes with everything needed for double pumping|
Strongly Recommend it
It’s very smooth to pump out milk, very comfortable while using massage mode. And high efficiency. Highly recommend it.
Good Portable Pump
For a portable system works as described and is easy to use.
Good quality and easy to use
I used this pump for 18months and it was easy to use, easy to clean and had no issues. I did struggle to use it “hands free” with pumping bras etc so had to hold the flanges on every time. This may be because the flanges only come in limited sizes therefore don’t fit snuggly, and the size provided was definitely way too big. It would be beneficial to customers to allow a choice in ****** size when buying and more sizing options. Otherwise pump itself was great and still going strong after 18mo of frequent use
Great effective pump. Battery life is great and it’s easy to put together.
An excellent breast pump. Spectra was recommended by friends and does not disappoint. I love the small size and portability of this pump, and love that it only takes 10mins to pump.