Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump
The Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump – for mums wanting complete portability and flexibility so they can pump how they like, when they like and where they like!
Click here to compare breast pumps & read a guide to terms.
Finally, the Spectra 9 has been re-released as the upgraded Spectra 9 Plus, which has all the features you loved about the Spectra 9 but with some very important extras to make your life easier. Read it through:
What features does the Spectra 9 Plus have?
- The Spectra 9 Plus comes with a complete double kit so you can double pump - pumping both breasts at once saves so much time, which as a busy mum trying to find time to express, you will really appreciate. Double pumping also ramps up levels of prolactin (the milk producing hormone) in your blood, so is better for supporting milk supply.
- The Spectra 9 Plus has a nozzle for each milk collection kit, making it easy to swap from single to double pumping. Just attach a milk collection kit to both nozzles if you will be double pumping, or if you only want to single pump, you can just close off the second nozzle.
- Letdown mode - switch with a touch to the letdown mode, which is a light, quick mode designed to speed the start of milkflow, just the way a baby does. This will get you expressing faster and help your body get on board with the job of expressing milk.
- Easy adjustment of suction strength and cycle speed together - touch button controls allow you to adjust suction strength and cycle speed with one touch. As you increase the suction, the speed will slow down [see the S2 if you want even more control over cycle program].
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery - yes, we know you love this feature. Use your Spectra 9 Plus while plugged into mains, or just use it wherever you like from its inbuilt rechargeable battery.
- LCD display so you can easily see where you're at with vacuum and cycle settings. There's a battery indicator so you know how much charge you have left on the battery AND there's a timer so you can keep track of how long you've been expressing.
- The Spectra 9 Plus is our most portable pump - lightweight and slimline, it will slip easily into your handbag.
- Closed system - like all Spectra breast pumps, the Spectra 9 Plus has a closed system, which means that there is no way for milk to get into the pump motor. Milk particles in the pump motor can lead to the growth of mould and is a potential source of virus transmission.
- As always with Spectra breast pumps, the Spectra 9 Plus has high performance vacuum with maximum suction of 300mmHg.
- Slow-flow teats are suitable for newborn feeding.
What are the negatives?
- Doesn't provide as much flexibility over the pump program as the S2 (but still more than other pumps).
- Is noisier than the S2 and Dew models (but not as noisy as other pumps - we do try our best to keep the noise down! Please check out youtube for some pump comparisons so you can get a feel for how much quieter Spectra pumps are than other brands!).
- If you are exclusively pumping or needing to rely on a pump to establish supply, we do always recommend you use a hospital grade breast pump - i.e. the S2 or S1.
If you have an Spectra 9 Plus don't forget to give us your feedback!
- Spectra 9 Plus main pump
- Wide neck breast shield (24mm size) x 2
- Bottle x 2
- Slow flow soft teat x 2
- Tubing x 2
- Disc x 2
- Cap x 2
- Backflow protector x 2
- Duck valve x 2
- Power adaptor
All components in contact with your milk are BPA free.
- Vacuum range 0 ~ 300 mmHg
- Cycle length 30-46 RPM
- Weight - 297g
- Two Years Warranty
- Powered by mains or inbuilt rechargeable battery
- Motor life 1,500 hours
- Country of origin: South Korea
- Certification CE, FDA, ISO13485, ISO9001
|Cycle speed||Adjusts with suction|
|Power||Rechargeable battery or mains|
|Double kit||Yes, comes with everything needed for double pumping|
Worth its weight in gold
I panic bought this pump at 4am at 5 days postpartum while painfully engorged after having a complete breakdown at being unable to put my fiddly 'hands free' pump together. This pump has made such a difference to our breastfeeding journey and I'm so glad I bought it. This thing will be soooo handy for when I go back to work as a paramedic due to it being fully rechargable and small enough to fit in my work bag so I can fit it in a quick pump during my shift.
So easy to use and transport. Good battery life. Massage mode effective at stimulating let down.
Where to I start! When I ever tell people what are three top baby items I couldn’t live without, the Spectra 9 always appears in that list. For me, my little man was born 8 weeks premature so pumping was an essential part of life for those first few months. I pumped every 3 hours without fail and the Spectra 9 never let me down. It definitely outperformed compared to its competitors on the market. The hospital grade pumps provided just didn’t extract the milk like my Spectra 9 did. Output from a milk supply was just much higher. The major pros for this product is the compact size for transport with the ability of its portable pumping system without needing to be plugged in, the long life battery (generally managed to get through at least 4 pumping cycles before next charge - at an average of 10-15 mins) and the quality of this system. Personally, without hesitation a lifesaver to provide my preemie baby with the essential milk he needed for his tube in those early days of life until he was ready to be moved to the breast.
I can’t believe I haven’t written a review before. I used this for a full year to exclusively express and the only time I ever was let down was when I forgot to charge and I went out and the pump went flat - which wasn’t a big issue because the power cord is long enough to plug in and still pump! The ****** size was way to big, I had to order a much smaller size from an outside source but still quick and easy to do. For a size comparison, this pump is about the same size as an IPhone 6s Plus and maybe three or four thick when phone is in a standard case. If you get a two part ****** system like I did, or even the standard flanges, it will fit into a large lunch box/ normal lunch cooler bag with two bottles to pump into and a some milk bags for stargaze (with a thin ice brick). You can also use other wideneck bottles, I used avent, if your supply is greater then the smaller ones that come with the pump. I’ve attached a photo of when I was only weeks into my pumping journey. If your looking for a convenient and easy to use pump, don’t go any further! As I said, I exclusively expressed using this pump for a whole year.
Very portable pump! Battery lasts a few days for me and works well. Only downside is you have to hold the pump..I can’t find a bra or anything I can use to make it hands free… which if I could I wound give it 5 Stars