Spectra Baby Australia is hiring!
UPDATE - Applications are now closed. Thank you so much, we had over 300 and will now work our way through all applications. We can't wait to introduce our new customer service rep to you!
Things are getting busy and we need help! We're looking for a new team member with breastfeeding and expressing knowledge, absolute top notch customer service skills, great communication, initiative and lots of drive to make things happen. Please read through the requirements for this position (see below) and then, if you think you'd be a good fit, please go ahead and get in touch (details below).
About this position
We need a new customer service team member! If you are an enthusiastic person with customer service / business experience AND knowledge and experience of breastfeeding and expressing AND you're looking for a long-term role that you can really dig into, please read on. If not, then :( Here's a quick rundown on what's involved:
- Be on the frontline responding to customer contact via email, Facebook and phone.
- Access our ecommerce website and cloud-based distribution systems to manage orders when needed.
- Be in love with our brand, helping breastfeeding mums and giving customers solutions.
- Help out with admin tasks or projects when needed.
- Develop a high familiarity with all our products so you can give technical advice, troubleshoot and just be the product guru our customers need.
And what are the conditions of employment? Here you go:
- We pay fortnightly, wage negotiable.
- We can be flexible with your set hours.
- Team communication via our Facebook group & Google Hangout (you're never on your own).
- Small, friendly team eager to meet our new customer service superstar!
- We are an Australian business working in the GMT + 10 time zone. Customer service will be within Australian business hours, but you're expected to be checking in to check for customer issues or problems on the weekend and in the evening (Australian evening, that is)!
- You're female and you really will do a better job in this role if you're a mother.
- You're looking for a long-term position.
- You want to find a company that you can be enthusiastic about, where you will contribute to growth and enjoy helping to build the business and be part of something growing.
- You understand what it means to be on Team Customer. You proactively seek out customer solutions and know how to listen and help.
- You're entrepreneurial - you are never expected to sell (we don't do sales pitches here!) but you are expected to care about our business and want it to succeed.
- You're an articulate, native English speaker with impeccable spelling & grammar.
- You have experience in some capacity with breastfeeding and expressing. Whether via a previous job role, professional knowledge, or personal interest - you have acquired and maintained a great working knowledge of how breastfeeding and expressing works, and the issues and challenges that breastfeeding mothers face.
About Spectra Baby Australia
We are a small biz that distributes the brilliant Spectra breast pumps that we introduced into Australia 2 years ago. Our growth has been steady and with our current customer service rep having a baby soon, and our customer service needs increasing, it's time to expand our team! We work virtually - so there's no office, and we're from all over, but stay in contact via Facebook, Asana (project management software) and so on - in fact the whole business runs on cloud-based software like Google Docs. Our current focus is on sales through our ecommerce site and promoting our growth through word of mouth (social media, forums etc) about our EXCELLENT customer service and amazing products, so your role will be super important. Over the coming year we'll be expanding into more wholesale sales, which will really get things hopping. If you're someone who would love a role in a small friendly company helping out breastfeeding mums, recommending products, providing solutions and helping them work out how to use one of these 'breast pump' things, then please apply! How to apply:
Easy! Just follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com.
- Set the subject of your email to spectra customer service application.
- Include a link to your Facebook profile in the body of the email.
We will get back in touch with more instructions. Great! Note -
we had someone complain about the 'native' English speaking requirement. If English isn't your first language, or you have an accent - no problem. Speaking more than one language is always a plus! However, you do need to have an excellent grasp of English, both formal and colloquial, so you can communicate on breastfeeding topics with sensitivity and without error. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and highly proficient in English language. We take customer service too seriously to want to risk mistakes being made in communication or nuance! Thank you once again to the over 300 people who sent in fantastic applications - much appreciated xx